Wednesday, September 9, 2026

A00003 - Cassandra Wilson, Grammy Award Winning African American Jazz Singer, Songwriter, and Producer

 As I have previously mentioned, I am a rather prolific compiler of biographies. Most of you know me for the compilation of the Amherst College Black Alumni Biographies.  However, truth be told, that compilation is only of the biographical compilations I currently compile.  As previously mentioned, my Biographies blog recently went over two million views. I do not know why.  However, I do know that sometimes compiling the blog compels me to stop and remember a special talent.  This past week, I had to pause and remember Cassandra Wilson



Honestly, in all my 72 years, I had never listened to Cassandra Wilson.  But in doing her biographical profile, I felt compelled to listen to her music.  In doing so, I came to the conclusion that my 72 years had been rather impoverished.  Only after listening to some of her songs have I begun to realize just how much I have missed.

Below are some of the songs that have greatly enriched my soul.  Perhaps they will enrich yours as well.

Peace,

Everett "Skip" Jenkins
Class of 1975
September 4, 2026



888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888







No comments:

Post a Comment